MOTHER CLUCKER

11:42

mother-clucker-london

 'What's in a name? The thing we call a rose would smell just as sweet if we called it by any other name.' - Romeo and Juliet

Wise words written by Shakespeare, or perhaps more knowingly, spoken by Claire Danes for those Leanardo Dicaprio fans (i.e entire female population). Yet despite this confirmation of a names unimportance, I still found myself in desperate pursuit once I heard of a place called Mother Clucker. All I knew was it's name - a magnificent name - without any other regards for what it sold and if it sold it well, and with that one tiny bit of information I went all Liam Neeson and hunted those mother cluckers down.

Luckily for me, it turned out that Mother Clucker was good - really good. Serving chicken from a converted US Army ambulance, the truck moves around a lot, where it's currently residing in Elys Yard in Shoreditch. The only downside was that on the day I went they weren't serving mac and cheese or the 'Cluckwitch',  so we went for doubles strips and Cajun fries instead.

The Cajun fries were so good that they almost stole the show for me. But the chicken done it's thing too. Tea-brined, buttermilk soaked and battered twice, the chicken was fresh, soft and juicy and fell apart when you picked it up. It was surprisingly filling too, and this is coming from the girl who once ate a Nandos whole chicken with 3 sides. The chicken comes with lime mayo dip but my favourite was the hot sauce. My only fault was that there wasn't much on the menu that day as going by what I tasted, I definitely missed out.

mother-clucker-truman-brewery-shoreditch

mother-clucker-london-menu

mother-clucker-london-shoreditch-review

mother-clucker-london-shoreditch-review



Mother Clucker is also currently serving at The Stillery in Camden. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This looks amazing hun! You need to take me on your food adventures with you! Love your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Haha I'm always on a food hunt, feel free to join me whenever x

      Delete